Without a context of mutual value, trust and respect
, techniques alone prove useless.
This one-day course asks participants to evaluate their current communication environment according to these standards.
We then begin to examine the four primary communication skills – avoiding misunderstandings through unchecked assumptions
by aligning context, delivering difficult messages through resistance by reframing, listening through difference by
using active/empathic listening, and gaining agreement through clear goal setting through the use of S.M.A.R.T. criteria –
so that participants understand how to improve their working relationships in any situation.
Participants will learn a set of best practices that enables them to re-establish mutual value, trust
in the process, resolve conflict that stands in the way of their effectiveness and personal well-being.
This is a highly experiential workshop applicable for people at every level of the organization.
- Identify things that we may be doing or failing to do that contribute to difficult communication.
- Build rapport and be valued as a strategic partner
- Apply S.M.A.R.T. criteria to set clear, mutually agreed upon objectives.
- Resolve questions of competence through effective application active and empathic listening.
- Listen through difference to build influence
- Identify actions that may contribute to difficult communication.
- Learn the three levels of listening
- Learn the eight blocks to effective listening
- How to stop defending
- Value Clarification: Out to Lunch Game
- Listening through differences to manage conflict
- How values filter what we hear
- The Communication Triangle
- SMART criteria for clear communication
- Learn situational speaking to deliver difficult messages
Very knowledgeable instructor; very clear goals and instructions Maxim Integrated Products, Business Manager
The material and instructor were great! St. Jude Medical, Supervisor Clinical Adminstration
BARRY FLICKER, author of Working at Warp Speed, is an internationally known expert on developing high performance organizations through leadership, project management, team building, communication and negotiating skills.
He helps organizations resolve conflict, optimize change and produce quality results by discovering their most efficient blend of technical and behavioral assets.
Barry brings over 20 years of management experience in the computer industry to the design and delivery of corporate training programs.
The elements of creativity, inspiration and non-linear problem solving reflect his years of experience in management.
This expertise, blended with his skills as a performing artist in the fields of magic, acting and standup comedy, presents a refreshing approach to training. Participants consistently rate his programs "excellent and entertaining!"