This highly interactive workshop uses the Clifton StrengthsFinder, a powerful assessment administered by Gallup to guide individuals to recognize, understand, and build on their strengths — their unique combination of skills, talents, and knowledge. It provides individuals, teams and organizations with practical tools to maximize their strengths in order to exceed expectations for productivity and success.
Part 1: Understanding Your Own Strengths
- Articulate your top 5 strengths and map them to your job function and responsibilities
- Understand the correlation between a focus on strengths and increased engagement, energy, productivity, and well-being
- Expand your daily utilization rate of your strengths
- Recognize when you’re overusing a strength and manage your strengths for your greatest productivity
- Flex your style for greater influence — tailor your communication and presentation style to the needs (strengths) of your audience
Part 2: Using Strengths of Teams
- Identify and discuss the team′s collective talents (Team Talent Map), and learn how work teams can harness strengths to achieve specific performance objectives
- Purposefully aim talents so the team is better equipped to accomplish its goals and performance objectives
- Identify talent gaps and overlaps on the team and strategically balance them for greater team engagement and productivity
- Appreciate and leverage the strengths of others
- Understand the 3 elements of strengths-based partnerships
- Use common terminology to make communication more effective when addressing challenging issues on teams ′™ frame feedback and difficult conversations in terms of strengths
- Participants leave the workshop with a checklist of 7 ways to immediately start integrating strengths in daily work
BETSY FLANAGAN, with a passion for helping individuals and teams become the next generation of high-impact leaders, has coached and trained 1000+ on StrengthsFinder and Strengths Based Leadership including Fortune 500s, startups, mid-size companies, government, education, and non-profit organizations.
She is committed to helping companies and individuals leverage their strengths to achieve their leadership potential, develop professional capabilities, maximize effectiveness, and navigate complex business environments. Her approach creates positive and indelible changes in clients, the teams they lead, and the companies they work for. Betsy is results-oriented and pragmatic, drawing on her experience in executive positions within large corporations, Wall Street investment banks, and top-tier venture-funded startups.
Betsy is a Leadership Program Instructor at UC Berkeley Extension, holds an AB in Anthropology from Harvard University, cum laude, and an MBA from University of Virginia’s Darden Graduate School of Business. Additionally, she completed Leadership Coaching Training at iPEC, and is a certified Master NLP Practitioner.