- Individuals in leadership roles who want to increase their effectiveness
- Executives and senior-level managers
- Mid-level, new managers and supervisors
- High-potential future leaders
This workshop will show participants how five basic tools can handle all the classic meeting complaints: they are unfocused and take too long;
Situational Leadership® II (SLII) is recognized as both a business language and a framework for employee development that transcends cultural, linguistic, and geographical boundaries. Its foundation lies in teaching leaders to diagnose the needs of an individual or a team and then use the appropriate leadership style to respond to the needs of the person.
Leveraging the theory and design that has made Situational Leadership® II the world's most taught leadership training model, our award-winning learning design, this program uses game-changing techniques that immerse learners in SLII quickly, deeply, and effectively.
You will discover how to resolve all these issues and cut the time spent in meetings in half while dramatically increasing overall quality and participation.
This program is designed to teach participants how to plan for and facilitate meetings that are well organized, highly productive and action-oriented.
Participants are required to take an online LBAII (Leadership Behaviors Analysis) Self-Assessment and complete a SLII Goals worksheet PRIOR to attending the session.
Diagnosis – the first skill of a situational leader
- Learn the four levels of development
- Identify an employee’s development level of competence and commitment
Flexibility – the second skill of a situational leader
- Learn the four leadership styles: Directing, Coaching, Supporting and Delegating
- Develop flexibility in ways to start a conversation in each style
Partnering for performance-- the third skill of a situational leader
- Learn the steps needed in partnering with others to develop their competence and commitment
- Resolve disagreements about development level
Situational Leadership II® skill practice
- Learn how to move forward and backward in the SLII® model
- Practice each of the four leadership styles
- Develop skills in opening up communication and having one-on-one conversations
SLII® is a revision from the original Situational Leadership series. The “II” distinguishes this workshop from that one for copyright purposes; there is no prerequisite required.