Be a Trusted Advisor
Qualcomm, Inc. – SCL
Building B - Room 128, 3165 Kifer Road
Santa Clara, CA United States
Show on Map
This course focuses on the mindset and skill-set required to build successful long-term internal and external relationships by being a Trusted Advisor. Customer-facing professionals have many opportunities to build or erode the customer’s trust, confidence, utilization of products and – ultimately – loyalty.
Technical expertise is extremely important, but for technical professionals to be considered Trusted Advisors requires focused questioning and listening skills, expressed empathy, coordinated teamwork with internal and external resources, and the ability to defuse conflict in difficult situations.
In this highly-interactive workshop, participants learn and practice models for specific customer service situations and identify the areas for which developing their skills will make the biggest difference.
By the end of the class, participants will:
- Understand the business and personal benefits of being a Trusted Advisor
- Learn the four Working Styles and how incorporating knowledge of these Styles can improve customer relationships and job performance
- Apply Communication Best Practices for Email, Text, Telephone, and Voicemail
- Learn the basics of Emotional Intelligence and how EI can be leveraged to increase your effectiveness as a Trusted Advisor
- Apply A DANCE Model to client-specific internal/external customer issues and challenging situations