- This event has passed.
Breakthrough Project Management
Building B - Room 132, 3165 Kifer Road
Santa Clara, CA United States
Show on Map
Course Length: 2 days
Have you ever been involved in a project where the goals were unclear or impossible, the specs kept changing, or resources were given then taken away? Much of what affects a project cannot be helped, but there are many obstacles to productivity and success that can be prevented, anticipated, or eliminated.
“Everybody knows” you’re supposed to communicate when working as part of a team and “everybody knows” what happens when we make assumptions and don’t take the time to check them out with others. Everybody also knows how much poor communication can cost in time, resources, customer satisfaction and team morale. But knowing all this doesn’t always ensure that people do communicate or check out assumptions, or even that they have the skills and framework within which to do so.
This course provides participants with common methodology, terminology and the tools to produce more efficient results and increase buy-in through improved visibility, reliability and consistency. Eliminate missed deadlines, budget overruns, too many distractions and changes, priority shifting, managing without authority and the lack of accountability.
- Establish a common language and set of processes that can be applied to all your projects
- Gain a better understanding of the major factors that impact projects and learn how to more successfully manage your projects
- Project Team Dynamics: the people side of project management
- Project Processes: the methods and tools that make a difference in achieving project objectives
This course provides 13.0 hours of training, applicable for those seeking Project Management Professional (PMP)® certification.
- Project barriers, breakdowns and breakthroughs
- Define tasks and work breakdown structure (WBS)
- The Project Game
- Estimate the three kinds of time
- Team development, selection and leadership
- Define the project and scope efficiency
- Diagram dependencies (CPM, PERT)
- Surface assumptions and anticipate problems
- Optimize plan checklist
- Set the ground rules checklist
- Manage the project step-by-step
- Use the trade-off flexibility matrix
- Minimize firefighting
Great class, instructor and content.– Anritsu, Financial Analyst
Definitely recommend! This course will help any non-manager or project leader to create a sound project plan and to enhance or improve the plan to complete a project.– NETGEAR, Sr. Test Dev. Engr.