Clear Business and Email Writing
7700 Gateway Blvd
Newark, CA United States
Show on Map
Imagine cutting your writing time in half and producing organized, clear and concise documents and emails. This training involves writing, revising and editing exercises, critiquing documents and games.
Who should attend:
Project managers and team members, HR professionals, Supervisors and managers, Accounting and finance professionals, Administrative professionals
- Action-oriented emails
- Meeting minutes
- Status Reports
Pre-Course Assignment: Each student will submit a writing sample in advance of the course. The instructor will critique these samples before the class and provide feedback to each student.
- Improve clarity and conciseness of documents and emails to customers, coworkers and management
- Increase speed in drafting documents by implementing a writing process
- Meet needs of multiple audience types
- Write professional, respectful emails that drive action and reflect well on you, your team and your company
- Master the three principles of writing
- Cluster to capture and organize information
- Achieve the right level of detail
- Learn a conclusion-first writing format
- Use six techniques to persuade audience
- Enable your audience to scan your writing
- Use active voice and parallel structure
- Trim the fat from wordy writing
- Proofread for perfection
- The top 10 tips for action-oriented email
Additional topics for two-day version:
- Achieving flow by varying sentence types and using transitions
- Applying proper sentence mechanics
- Crafting work procedures and instructions
- Writing clear and complete summaries of meetings and reports
- Using formatting to show emphasis
- Revising writing by others
Note:Two-day course includes additional writing application and a peer-review session.
Can’t take the in-person training? Learn about our Writing Webinar.
I really found value in the before and after exercises, you could see immediate results.– TIBCO Software, Support Engr.
There was a high level of participation; instructor has a very engaging style which increased the degree of learning. This was fun.– Sybase, Sr. Manager
This is a great class for all levels. Very Dynamic and engaging!– Brocade, Program Mgr.