Clear Business & Email Writing
Integrated Device Technology, Inc.
6024 Silver Creek Valley Road
San Jose, CA United States
Show on Map
Imagine cutting your writing time in half and producing organized, clear and concise documents and emails. This training involves writing, revising and editing exercises, critiquing documents and games.
Who should attend:
Project managers and team members, HR professionals, Supervisors and managers, Accounting and finance professionals, Administrative professionals
- Action-oriented emails
- Meeting minutes
- Status Reports
Pre-Course Assignment: Each student will submit a writing sample in advance of the course. The instructor will critique these samples before the class and provide feedback to each student.
- Improve clarity and conciseness of documents and emails to customers, coworkers and management
- Increase speed in drafting documents by implementing a writing process
- Meet needs of multiple audience types
- Write professional, respectful emails that drive action and reflect well on you, your team and your company
- Master the three principles of writing
- Cluster to capture and organize information
- Achieve the right level of detail
- Learn a conclusion-first writing format
- Use six techniques to persuade audience
- Enable your audience to scan your writing
- Use active voice and parallel structure
- Trim the fat from wordy writing
- Proofread for perfection
- The top 10 tips for action-oriented email
I really found value in the before and after exercises, you could see immediate results.– TIBCO Software, Support Engr.
There was a high level of participation; instructor has a very engaging style which increased the degree of learning. This was fun.– Sybase, Sr. Manager
This is a great class for all levels. Very Dynamic and engaging!– Brocade, Program Mgr.