- This event has passed.
Effective Communication – Qualcomm Only Event
Qualcomm, Inc. – SJ
Building E – Room 185, 1700 Technology Dr.
San Jose, CA United States
Show on Map
Overview: Without a context of mutual value, trust and respect, techniques alone prove useless. This one-day course asks participants to evaluate their current communication environment according to these standards. We then begin to examine the four primary communication skills – avoiding misunderstandings through unchecked assumptions by aligning context, delivering difficult messages through resistance by reframing, listening through difference by using active/empathic listening, and gaining agreement through clear goal setting through the use of S.M.A.R.T. criteria – so that participants understand how to improve their working relationships in any situation.
Participants will learn a set of best practices that enables them to re-establish mutual value, trust and respect and, in the process, resolve conflict that stands in the way of their effectiveness and personal well-being.
This is a highly experiential course applicable for people at every level of the organization.
- Identify things that we may be doing or failing to do that contribute to difficult communication.
- Build rapport and be valued as a strategic partner
- Apply S.M.A.R.T. criteria to set clear, mutually agreed upon objectives.
- Resolve questions of competence through effective application active and empathic listening.
- Listen through difference to build influence
- Identify actions that may contribute to difficult communication.
- Learn the three levels of listening
- Learn the eight blocks to effective listening
- How to stop defending
- Value Clarification: Out to Lunch Game
- Listening through differences to manage conflict
- How values filter what we hear
- The Communication Triangle
- SMART criteria for clear communication
- Learn situational speaking to deliver difficult messages
Qualcomm employees are to charge their course fees using a company credit card OR a personal credit card and then submit a request for reimbursement. Participants MAY NOT select the “Check Payment/Purchase Order/Other” option for this course.
The material and instructor were great!– St. Jude Medical, Supervisor Clinical Adminstration
Very knowledgeable instructor; very clear goals and instructions– Maxim Integrated Products, Business Manager