Conquering Unconscious Bias
This introductory course explores the Neuroscience behind bias and how through unconscious bias decision-making, it can negatively influence the workplace environment. Awareness is the first step in your journey in moving from unconscious to conscious.
Participants will be able to:
- Explain what is Unconscious Bias
- Identify the causes of Unconscious Bias
- List the business impacts that result from Unconscious Biases
- Identify strategies to build awareness and minimize negative impacts while driving inclusive work environments
- Neuroscience – Root of Unconscious Bias
- Nine Types of Unconscious Bias and Negative Impacts on Business Outcomes
- Review How Our Own Unconscious Biases Impacts Our Decisions
- Review How Unconscious Bias Negatively Impacts Business
- How Do You – as a Manager or Individual Contributor – Minimize the Impact?
- Action Planning