Making Meetings Matter
Two – 90 minute sessions on consecutive days
Audience: Anyone who facilitates informal or formal meetings
This instructor-led virtual webinar, trains facilitators in a process that targets meetings toward specific outcomes and ensures meeting attendees contribute in a constructive, concrete way. The virtual course takes a 3-phase approach that includes survey, lecture, discussion and short exercises.
- Pre-course Survey: Participants complete a survey on meeting scenarios and challenges. The instructor then consolidates the data and targets the course to areas that best meet the needs of the participants.
- Webinar delivery: Participants attend an interactive, fun course and receive tools to apply the tips and techniques from the session.
- Follow-up coaching: Participants can email the instructor with questions related to planning a future meeting or to receive individual coaching (via phone meeting) on any specific challenges they face in meetings. (This is limited to 20 minutes per person.)
- Implement a powerful process and easy-to-use tools to prepare for, conduct and wrap up meetings
- Facilitate dynamic discussions in meetings
- Understand what the options are for group decision-making and when to strive for consensus
- Craft the purpose and desired outcomes
- Use the Content and Process Model to plan meetings
- Make your agenda a contract for preparation and discussions
- Understand the role of the facilitator
- Create dynamic discussions
- Achieve consensus in meetings
- Troubleshoot common meeting challenges
Closing Meetings and Follow-up
- Achieve closure on topics
- Capture the details of meetings
- Create a follow-up communication and action plan