Making Virtual Meetings Matter
Two – 90 minute sessions
Audience: Anyone who facilitates informal or formal meetings using virtual platforms
We spend far too much time in live and virtual meetings to have them be ineffective. On average, middle and upper management spend 35 and 50 percent of their time in meetings, respectively. Too often these meetings don’t engage all participants and lead to a lack of consensus and implementation. This problem is amplified in virtual meetings.
With the ever-increasing demands on our time, effective meetings are essential. This workshop trains meeting leaders and participants in the skills to run and contribute to dynamic and outcome-oriented meetings. More importantly, the training builds a strong meeting culture across your organization.
Delivered as two 90-minute webinars on consecutive days, the virtual course is an activity-based training with surveys, lecture, discussion and exercises.
- Pre-workshop Survey: Participants complete a survey on meeting scenarios and challenges. The instructor then consolidates the data and targets the workshop to areas that best meet the needs of the participants.
- Workshop delivery: Participants attend an interactive, fun workshop and receive tools to apply the tips and techniques from the session.
- Preparation and efficiency
- Quality contribution from participants
- Effective leadership and facilitation
- Deliberate decision-making
- Accountability of actions
- Deciding when to meet and when not to meet
- Getting the most out of virtual meeting technology
- Maximizing effectiveness of video in virtual meetings
- Using body language and voice intonation in an online setting
- Developing an effective agenda
- Delivering clear, concise status updates
- Keeping meetings on track
- Keeping participants focused, engaged, and contributing
- Troubleshooting common meeting challenges
- Understanding the four decision types and achieving group consensus
- Creating a follow-up communication, action, and accountability plan