Managing Your Millennial Workforce
4 hours (two 2-hour sessions on two consecutive days)
There are four generations at work (Traditionalist, Baby Boomers, Gen X, and Millennials) today. By 2025 Millennials (the generation born between 1983 and 2001) will make up 75% of the world’s working population. To get the best from the Millennial employees, managers must understand this and adapt their management styles accordingly.
This workshop helps prepare managers to address the challenges of the future, understanding more clearly that the Millennial generation is pushing all organizations closer to the work world many of them want. We’ll address how critical it is for managers to acknowledge this seismic upheaval and devise new strategies and paradigms that will create a new, stable foundation on which to build.
- Discuss perceptions and impacts of the Millennial generation on business practices and leadership.
- Identify some of the behaviors, traits, and motivators typical of the many Millennial employees.
- Demonstrate strategies to confidently manage Millennial employee relationships and productivity, including:
- Coaching and Mentoring
- Positive and Constructive Feedback
Workshop Topics, Part 1:
- What are the perceptions and challenges you have of Millennials?
- Write specific, meaningful subject lines
- Millennials take over the workforce
- Who are these Millennials?
- Millennials’ work values and expectations (broadly speaking)
- Strategies to manage Millennials effectively:
- Provide strong, involved management
- Coaching vs. mentoring
- Connecting their work to a higher purpose
- Employee engagement
Workshop Topics, Part 2:
- Strategies to manage Millennials effectively (continued):
- Recognition techniques
- Providing positive and corrective feedback
- Making work challenging, engaging, and fun
- It’s like a game
- Collaboration with the team
- Using technology to communicate with your Millennial
- Last thoughts about your Millennial employees