MANAGING DIFFICULT CONVERSATIONS
In this course, you will learn how to plan and successfully execute the very conversations that we too often avoid. We will explore the reasons why some conversations are difficult to initiate, learn to re-frame and turn these conversations into productive and rewarding interactions and create personalized strategies to avoid difficult conversations in the future.
This course will employ learnings from the Harvard Negotiation Project and the MIT Dialogue Project. These techniques will be correlated to your individual leadership and communication styles.
- Understand difficult conversations and what makes them difficult
- The Five Principles of Effective Conversations:1. Set the table, creating a safe space2. Define successful outcomes3. Stay centered, focused and engaged4. Make requests, promises and commitments5. Go forward: take your learnings, leave your baggage
- Assess your leadership and conflict style preference
- Strategies and tools that work for you
- The Art of Listening
- Move from knowledge to competence and confidence