MANAGING YOUR MILLENNIAL WORKFORCE
There are four generations at work (Traditionalist, Baby Boomers, Gen x and Millennials) today. By 2025 Millennials (the generation born between 1983 and 2001) will make up 75% of the world’s working population.
This workshop helps prepare managers to address the challenges of the future, understanding more clearly that the Millennial generation is pushing all organizations closer to the work world many of them want. We will address how critical it is for managers to acknowledge this seismic upheaval and devise new strategies and paradigms that will create a new, stable foundation on which to build.
- What are the perceptions and challenges you have of Millennials?
- Millennials’ work values and expectations (broadly speaking)
- Strategies to manage Millennials effectively:
- Provide strong, involved management
- Coaching vs. mentoring
- Connecting their work to a higher purpose
- Employee engagement
- Strategies to manage Millennials effectively (continued):
- Recognition techniques
- Providing positive and corrective feedback
- Making work challenging, engaging and fun
- It’s like a game
- Collaboration with the team