SUCCESS IN GLOBAL TEAMS
Learn how to build trust and effective processes in a global team at each stage of the team life cycle. Through a video case study, identify how to work across cultural differences and resolve common frustrations to create engagement and high performance in your team. Discover best practices to improve communication and turn challenges into opportunities for global collaboration.
Part 1: Accelerate Team Cohesion
- Understand the team life cycle (Forming, Storming, Norming, Performing) and best practices for global teams at each stage.
- Insights to global cultures. Compare how cultures view relationships, roles, sharing information, planning, initiative, risk, and following procedures. Client may select up to 4 cultures for special focus and application.
- How to build trust, the foundation of successful teams. Examine the trust strategies of participants from the engineering Trust assessment.
- Best practices to handle time zone differences.
Part 2: Communicate to Collaborate Globally
- Ways to increase or balance participation in virtual meetings, with tactics for teleconferencing, videoconferencing, and web-conferencing (Zoom, WebEx, Skype, etc.)
- Clarifying strategies to know if team members have committed (is “Yes” really agreement?).
- Delivering and getting effective timely feedback across cultures.
- Email strategies that remove guesswork when sharing requests or instructions.
- Cultural approaches to disagreement and conflict, and how to turn them into collaboration.